23 August, 2012

I found the American Voters in the Bible




 As I stated in my previous blog: “I found the State Representatives and the House of Senate in the Bible,” 'm not a follower of any 38,000 Christian denominations. However, I do believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and savior, and finding reading the Bible is a better guide book on how to be a good person, better than my own self-will run riot for living life. I find the book of Mathews has great advice handed down by Jesus Christ. I fall short of my spiritual growth and realize I will make many mistakes, and has it states in the Bible; all men are sinners before the eyes of God. I assume that includes woman unless it is based on the sugar and spices theory.

The Bible, being written over two millenniums ago sure has great advice for living in the modern world. I try to read a few passage a day and I came across a passage in Mathews that seem to perfectly describe the American voter.


 

Matthew 13: 12-15 NIV

12 Whoever has will be given more, and they will have abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 13 This is why I speak to them in parables:
“Though seeing, they do not see;
though hearing, they do not hear or understand.
14 In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:
“‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
15 For this people’s heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment